Requesting Restricted Data Access to GeoHEALTH Platform
Accounts are NOT required to access the open/publicly available data are not required, only those who require access to any restricted data or applications need to obtain an account. When requesting an account please note what types of data your are hoping to gain access to so we may evaluate your access request and assign you to the appropriate groups. Once your account request has been processed you will receive additional information on your account from the GeoHEALTH staff.
Examples of Groups
The data access roles for GeoHEALTH accounts are listed below are some of the possible groups within GeoHEALTH and the users allowed access:
- 2017 Events - All pf the data shared with this group pertains to the planned events that HHS and our ESF6 &ESF8 partners need to have access to in order to coordinate spatially
- 2017 Incidents - All pf the data shared with this group pertains to the unplanned incidents that HHS and our ESF6 &ESF8 partners need to have access to in order to coordinate spatially
- Exercise - Any maps needed for use during internal, federal or coordination with other are stored here
- Featured Maps and Apps - Publicly available maps that are the focus of what HHS is doing are placed in this area
- HHS Staff Only - Maps and data that are restricted to use of just HHS staff is stored here. There are many other department and division groups that are only visible to those who are members. If you need access to data you can't find or are not allowed based on a link supplied please let the GeoHEALTH staff know.
- HIFLD Open & Secure - These groups are created to allow the correct users into the appropriate data. This data is owned and mainatind by DHS and access to this data is determined by the license agreement between DHS & HHS
- Natural Hazards - This is the location where the GeoHEALTH staff create and maintain the templates for all natural disasters we may have a need to use
- State Coordination - As we continue to coordinate with our state partners we use specialized locations such as this to share maps and applications with states who have partnered with us
Requesting restricted access to GeoHEALTH
GeoHEALTH Platform users
You are accessing a U.S. Government information system. GeoHEALTH Platform usage may be monitored, recorded, and subject to audit. Unauthorized use is prohibited and subject to criminal and civil penalties. Use of the GeoHEALTH Platform indicates consent to monitoring and recording.
Welcome to the Department of Health & Human Services situational awareness tool GeoHEALTH. The GeoHEALTH Platform was built to allow many users from Federal, State, Local, Territorial and Tribal Health departments as well as our Emergency Support partners and coordination liaisons access to as much data as possible all in one place and in a system that is easy to use. The data if at all possible is available without and account needed and only if the data is secured will a user need to get an account to gain access. If you do find or need data that does require a username and password please request an account.
To request an account please send an email to GeoHealth@hhs.gov and include the following.
2. Email address
3. Job Title (signature block is fine)
4. Reason for requesting restricted data access and what type of data are you hoping to view (i.e. hospitals, infrastructure, weather or deployed assets).
To have your password reset please send an e-mail request to GeoHealth@hhs.gov and we will walk you through the process.